Friday, October 13, 2017

Finding the Time....

I realize that sometimes one doesn't have anytime to create. Be it family commitments, work, illness, friends...but to me that's an excuse. I have created so much more even though I've moved across the country (doesn't include the months of packing up stuff), working at Hudson Bay (I don't do that anymore), family commitments and visitors. Still, I have managed to eek out 5-10 minutes per day and six months later I'm still doing this.

I know that within a very short few weeks, the weather will be turning and I don't mean in a nice way! Yup, the yucky stuff is coming like it or not! So, when I do have endless time, I can look back into my sketchbooks and say...oh yeah, I was working on a "Princess/Disney" group of whimsy faces. I can also take those 30 day challenges (in my case "a Face a Day") and elaborate for bigger and larger pieces. I have suddenly realized that I have an amazing amount of sketches to work from and these are all "whimsy" faces. I could even paint/draw "real portraits as well". Remember in January of this year I had a real fear of portraits and faces. Loving them now!

So, while I am enjoying visiting museums and art galleries, which by the way "fill me up" and walking, golfing and exploring my new surroundings (that also fill me up); there is plenty of future indoor creative art that I can do for an entire day, not just 5-10 minutes.

I am looking forward to those quiet days, with the wind and snow blowing, and I am all cozy creating in my new home.

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment