Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Farewell Gerry Stephenson

I'm a little behind in creative works these days, as I attended a friend's funeral in Kitchener-Waterloo. Very, very sad eulogy by son, Andrew and very touching, there wasn't a dry eye in the pews. The part that is so emotional for me, is that, Marilyn is left behind after 50 years of togetherness, I can't imagination her loss. For Marilyn, it's going to be even harder as she has Parkinson's and relied on Gerry for so much. Gerry was 75.

When someone is taken so suddenly, it reminds me to be thankful everyday, don't sweat the small stuff and say "I love you" often. Laugh everyday no matter what the circumstances.

Gerry, you would have been extremely proud and touched by your family and friends...I'm sure you were watching.....

Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment