Thursday, March 3, 2016

My Latest Project

Previously, I mentioned that I was starting up a "new" project. Basically, I have way too many supplies that I tend to "save" for a "special" use. As it happens I have finally a found a "special" use.

So the gist of this project is to use one Visual Journal Watercolour Strathmore book - 9" X 12" with 44 pages. (My granddaughter has claimed the first two pages.) This is the "product" that I'm not happy using for watercolours, so I have decided to try acrylics as the medium. Also, I have taped off a nice boarder and have included two small mini practice studies per page. The subject matter is to be simple and with a limited palette. The practice studies are to be done in order of the book...in other words don't be all over the place as it is easier to see the growth and development of my style and progress. I won't be painting everyday, but at least three or four times a week. As this practice is just that - practice; some paintings/studies will not be very successful; however it will provide enormous skill development and learning opportunities for me, similar to the 28 Day Challenge. (I kinda miss painting in watercolours now!) Ha Ha...plus, I find that I am posting to Facebook pages that I would never have posted in the past. I have a lot more confidence in myself. Practice, Patience and Perseverance....are the three necessary components.

The following are the beginnings.....

    

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine


No comments:

Post a Comment