Friday, September 18, 2015

Monet and Me

I don't have a PhD or a Masters in art history, Impressionism or in gardening...but I do love all do these creative outlooks. I have come to realize that creativity and me have always been Cinderella spirits!

Today, when I first stepped into this tiny village of Giverny, my first thought  was that nothing much had changed in the last 150 years. Then I thought, "Why wasn't this place more developed, exploited and built up like Graceland was for Elvis?" And next came, "How did the local community prevent the expansion of growth especially with the great explosion around Impressionism in the art world"?

I was about to enter into another time - Monet's Home and his gardens. I could hardly contain my excitement. Here was a man that wanted his children to grow and learn in a beautiful environment and a place where he could paint whatever was blooming at the time. That garden would become an obsession as well as his painting of those same gardens. The image that Monet had, a riot of colour in an organized manner, was so unusual in a time of clipped and sculpted hedges. He simply broke free!  For me, it was a joy to see it, walk it and breathe it! What a fabulous day - even the rain held off! Yupee for us..

I've included a small sketch of the Staff Quarter's at the Baudy Hotel in Giverny.

Happy creating...Until next time....
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment