Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Week

This year has been huge for me and my family. We moved across Canada from Victoria...very sad to leave such a wonderful city filled with lots of friends and a few family members, especially our son, Graham.

As we adjust to our new city, home and environment and as the Christmas season draws nearer, I realize just how important we are to both sides of our families and that we are very lucky to have this problem! Lots of families are in consent turmoil and I feel so lucky that that isn't the case here.

My sister Laura and husbands in tow; we drove to Connecticut to see our other sister, Chris and her family. While there we met newly engaged, Sarah and her fiancé Jeff; Curtis and had loads of fun. Curtis is in his last semester of university. The other reason for the visit was to scatter the ashes of our mother, Jeanne Adele Blanchard. We picked a beautiful setting on the Farmington River and with the sun shining we recited a few prayers and said our goodbyes. A very satisfying and peaceful feeling came over me. I thanked her for all she did for me for us.

My wish for this Christmas is for peace. Peace within yourself, family, community and the world.

Until next time.....
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment