Friday, December 8, 2017

A New Series

I was looking for a "new" idea to work on because my year long course called "Lifeboat 2017" is ending December 31, 2017. I've really learned a lot especially creating mixed media pieces and layering and wanted to continue with the idea of lots of layers, but without the "whimsy faces" that I have so enjoyed. I really needed another focal point. Well, one great idea popped into my head yesterday! Birds! Yup, easy...birds in trees, birds flying, birds nesting....you get the idea.

I have eight, perfectly cut archival matt boards that I've been saving for ages over 10 years anyways. In my efforts to use up my current art supplies, why not use these matt boards as my substract. I prepped them all last night with gesso and now it's play time.

Here is the first beginning....I don't have a name yet and of course it's in the infancy stage.

#1 in the "Bird Series"

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment