Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Waiting

I seem to be waiting these days. Waiting for furniture to be delivered, waiting for my shoulder to get better, waiting for the bus with little Roger.....just waiting. I'm really excited to get more organized and settled in before the bad weather comes...yup I'm waiting for that to happen as well!

My mother had a severe stroke two weeks ago and it was decided to make her comfortable and give her palliative care. She did not have long to wait. She passed peacefully on Saturday, September 23 at 6:45 pm. I'm relieved that her wait is over. She was very unhappy (I don't want to elaborate)  and I did not have a relationship with her. Oh, I called her, wrote to her, sent her flowers etc. I tried to reach out but it was never reciprocated. She never met her lovely great grandchildren. I felt sad for her, because now I see how wonderful it is to have family around you...my daughter, my grandchildren, sisters and distant family..aunts, uncles and cousins. We may not speak regularly but we do get together on occasion. It means a lot for me to be back in Ontario and I am thankful that I do have a relationship with my children and now developing one with my grandchildren.

Rest in peace mom.

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment