Saturday, May 20, 2017

I Survived!

I survived the four day trek to the "Lost Inca City of Machu Picchu"! Our guides were fantastic. They were so supportive to ensure that you were successful. I was by far the "oldest" woman on the trek (that's never happened before - being the oldest at anything!) and I finished strong! Immediately followed by tears and emotion. I gave every ounce I had.

A big thank you goes to my wonderful sister Laura, who waited for me at all the check points. Together, we conquered the mountains. I couldn't have done this endurance test, trek without her! The views were breathtaking and the same time the steps and climbs took your breath away! The people of Peru were lovely and I have wonderful memories of a lifetime! What an experience!
The prize - Machu Picchu


One of the fantastic views just before entering the "Sun Gate"

The trail was always interesting....

The views were awesome!!!


Hopefully by next week I will be back to normal and create something awesome.

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment