Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I finally "get it"!

Yesterday, I received the 4th Lesson in the Life Book 2017 online course. The lesson was focused on the "stick" figure. What! Stick figures! How not inspiring! or so I thought.

So far, I've created a warmup - Star page, a couple of mixed-media whimsical girls and stick figures. I was thinking when I created the whimsical girls..."How can I replicate this?" And after these last few weeks I've noticed a theme..."don't overcomplicate" the drawing. I took a look back on past published artists and their work and realized..."they get it"! These artists don't "over complicate" their figures.  It was a "light bulb" moment for me and this is the reason why these artists can reproduce a similar character every time! Storytellers,  card makers, and loads of other artists "get it"! As a result of this last lesson; I'm going to try to come up with my own whimsical figures that I can use regularly...in my art projects. This could take some time, but my creative juices have been activated!

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment