Friday, August 12, 2016

In Transition

Once again, we are on the move. Yup, at the end of August we are moving two blocks; still in James Bay, however we are going into a rental only building, so the chances of us "putting down roots" are much higher. Right now the real estate market in Victoria is hot and people are selling condos and homes at all time high prices and at top speed. Even in the rental market, the cost is a lot higher and keeps going up. It is kind of scary, but we are lucky and have provisions to carry us through. Maybe we should have purchased property when we first came out?

So on that note, I'm not sure how much creative time I will have, between my little part time job, golfing and packing. However, I do have a project in mind and it will take me a few days to complete.

Speaking of "transitions", I'm taking an old painting, one of the first paintings I did out here; and I want to paint over it. Over the course of the next week I plan to work on this piece.

Here is a photo of the existing piece.....48" x 36" acrylic - unsigned.....





Hopefully by next Tuesday, I will have something to share...at least an update...stay tuned!

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment