Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Blackberry Picking

Instead of creating an art piece I decided to go for a walk. I golf at a public course called Cedar Hill and they have a trail, 3.7 km around the perimeter of the course. In the six years that I have played golf here I have never walked around the trail that is frequented by a lot of individuals rain or sun.

One of the bonuses of walking on the trail is you can pick blackberries. Unfortunately, today they have been severely cut back as they are an invasive species to this area. As a result the pickings were slim and it took around 1.5 hours to fill my two containers.

It was quite an experience to see the "backside" of the golf course. Lots of Garry Oak, large and beautiful rock outcroppings, wildlife, a protected area "Kings Pond" and of course golfers.

Here are some photos:







Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment