Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Photo Mania!

One of my "new year's" projects is to clean up all the albums, hard copies and digital photographs that we have. No mean feat!

I can't believe how many photographs of family, friends, landscapes, florals, paintings, artworks, ideas, magazine articles and meaningless.....!!! that I currently have. I moved to BC over five years ago, I thought I did a major clean up then....but now, with technology, the photo library has exploded totally out of control. My IPhone, IPad and IMac all talk to each other and I have streaming, collections, faces, places, events....and the list goes on. I have to get a handle on this.

So, I've spent the last 5 days going through our "hard copy" albums (2 bins worth) and eliminating those that I never will look at again or are even remotely interested in painting or using in any art/creative process. I'm sure I could regret this decision one day...but really, if I need a photo of a field of "green" I'm sure I can locate an image somewhere to take, another photo of!

I've also started cleaning up the IMac, and hopefully this will also take care of precious gigabyte
space on my other two devices.

Wish me luck...this could take all year!

In the meantime, I'm sure I will be photographing all and every interesting idea, person, place or thing!!!

Until next time...happy creating

Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment