Monday, January 25, 2016

Feeling a Little "Drippy"

We've had a stretch of sunny/cloudy days, but I look at the forecast for the next week....and you guessed it - Rain. Well I don't feel like puddle jumping like a couple of wee ones love to do, but I do love drips in my creative process.

Once again, I took an old painting that wasn't inspiring me anymore and got out some acrylics. I don't really have a concrete idea of where this painting should go, but I will use my intuition to guide me.

First stage..... I see a landscape emerging.... I'm going to push this piece a lot further because I have nothing to lose!


Final stage, maybe, maybe not....
I used a thicker acrylic and the paint really blended and soaked into the canvas, as a result the colours flooded together making the piece too dark. So while the paint was still wet I used a straw and blew the some of the paint to reveal the lighter colours underneath. I'm going to wait until this is completely dry before proceeding.

It has stopped raining now so I will go on a lovely walk.

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment