Friday, March 31, 2017

Almost There!

I'm also caught up my lessons, only one to go,...yeah for me! I get another lesson on Monday, so I hope to be ready.

Theses two lessons involved portraits, which I am not too comfortable with, but with all the practice and fantastic teaching I am very excited about the future! I did try the gouache paint....it's not my favourite, plus, I did not have pearlized paints...,my mermaid turned into an "angel". I also had trouble keeping the gouache on the surface. Every time I try to add another layer, the bottom layer would lift. As a result she is a too dark. I had never worked with this medium before so I need a practice. Please note that this painting was drawn with magic marker at the beginning...how scary was that?

 


This next piece used watercolour crayons with white acrylics all done with a collage under painting. Also the face was drawn with charcoal! Another scary medium....but I love the outcome. We were to think about "honouring" and "grounding". I had to honour "mother" and "nature "!

Until next time...happy creating 
Nadine 

No comments:

Post a Comment