Sunday, November 8, 2015

Have Courage

I thought that I would try a process with an art journal page(s). Hope this helps with anyone out there with "white page syndrome"!

I started this piece with a page coated with gesso, threw down some yellow and blue acrylics, lots of water, smugged the pages together and let dry.
Stage 1....lots of colour....


Then I glued some torn stripes of paper down, then stencilled with gesso a pattern of small rectangles. Let dry completely.

Stage 2....add lots of texture.....

I'm really liking the white polka dots peaking through. 

I decided to add some circles. I have these Faber-Castel gelatos, so I thought "let's use these to outline the circles". Also I sprayed some Dylusions along with water to help it drip down the page.  I didn't start out with a plan or a specific idea, but as one works with the piece, usually an idea will appear! I'm really happy with the progress....still waiting for the magicical "theme". One thing to remember is to apply a coat of clear gesso in order to write on top of the surface.

So here is the finished piece.

Until next....happy creating
Nadine




No comments:

Post a Comment