Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Update

So the "Faces" project for this year hasn't been going well. I'm still drawing the face, real or whimsical but I feel a bit bored by the experience. So instead of beating this project to death, I'm moving on.

I have a couple of other ideas. One is a "fairyland" theme. This magical and whimsical theme is to support a story that I would like to illustrate for the grandchildren sometime. Yes a big project, but just very early stages of forming the story and illustrations.

Another project, I am currently involved in is an online course from Australia, Drawing Nature, Science and Culture. I've only just begun this six week course but I am hoping to improve my drawing/sketching skills as well as to help in keeping me "creating" for the next few weeks while we get some better weather happening in Ottawa. Mother Nature is being a bit cruel lately with record snowfalls in April.

Finally, I am currently working on a large 36 x 36 canvas acrylic impressionistic painting commissioned by my wonderful and supportive hubby....and I want to document my progress..

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

The "underpainting"
Second stage




No comments:

Post a Comment