Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I'm Done With The Birds...for now!

Congratulations to me! Yes, I am very proud that I set out to accomplish a "small painted series" that I have named "My Birds".

My intention is use up every piece of blank substract that I have because I'm am totally broke! No money coming in for me at least for two years! I had these archival matte boards, eight, all the same size and I thought, "perfect for a mixed media challenge", hence "My Bird" series. I learned so much about collage and different papers; what works and what doesn't work; even the style of image...I found out through this process that the pieces I enjoyed doing the most were more realistic then the whimsy birds. The next time I want to complete more of these little gems (10.75" x 8.5") I will concentrate on more realistic birds using the wonderful Japanese papers. I am currently expecting a package from Amazon. I had to order new slippers, so I tact the speciality papers to the order so that I didn't have to paid for shipping. It's a no brainer...win win!

In the end, I managed to complete six wonderful examples of my interpretation of collaged birds. Here they are:

                                             









































Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment