Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Frosty Experience

Two years ago I set out to create an amazing and "pretty" cookie that was inspired by the Disney movie Frozen - A Snowflake. Well, two years later I am back at it. I have a great "cookie dough" recipe that even my 5 year old granddaughter can roll out and three awesome "snowflake" cookie cutters. My lovely daughter has asked me if I would create "cookies for the bake sale" at the school. Well I jumped in with both feet - sure I can make 100 cookies - no problem! What was I thinking? First I have to experiment with the whole frosting experience...I don't remember it being this hard. My hands are a little stiff and the lighting in our condo is a tad lacking. However, I managed to bake, ice and pipe two dozen (that's only 24) of these lovelies. They taste great! But, boy oh boy, I won't be setting the bar so high in the future! It has taken me over 3 hours to decorate and ice two dozen cookies....it will take at least three nights working, piping, drying a 100 of these delicious cookies....and oh yah, I am travelling to the USA and don't have a huge amount of time.

Note to self - "don't over commit"...I do love to help out though! Sorry I forgot to take photos...I will tomorrow and then post again.

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment