Friday, February 3, 2017

My Newest Obsession

I am totally obsessed with the whimsical "girls". They are done on small 6" x 8 ", Strathmore, mixed media vellum surface - 140 lb. I am using watercolour crayons (also known as water soluble pastels) and acrylic paint. I've had a lot of trouble with the finished face, but I think I've got a system now.  Those first attempts are sooooo bad that I just can't show them.

My grandchildren will be moving to Ottawa in April and I think these little gems is what I need to help with the long distance...I'm going to miss them so much. When sketched these adorable faces I am thinking about them the whole time! Maybe that's what appeals to me...art therapy!

I've completed at least one mixed media piece everyday this week...I am working on one today as well.

Here are three:




Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment