Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend

Yesterday, the whole of Canada celebrated "thanksgiving". I know that I personally have a lot to be very thankful for. The weekend was filled with giggles and wiggles of three lovely grandchildren and the weather came through for us once again! As we all gathered around the table the only person missing was Graham, I could only feel a tremendous warmth and happiness that I have all these little and big people in my life. They humble me; they make me crazy sometimes but they always make me  feel happy and loved.

I didn't actually paint these last few days, but I did a massive amount of cooking and planning menus so that I could spend as much time as possible with the wee ones. My granddaughters were very interested in making "pocket lockets". The eldest (6 years) was so keen to make these that I felt I couldn't disappoint. You wouldn't believe it, but she learned how to sew on buttons and achieved skills in stitching as well. Well done Mia! Frances, just a tad too young, delighted in decorating her pocket locket with stick on jewels.

Here are the results.



Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment