Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Beauty

I know that I have not blogged for the last couple of weeks....family and work commitments did not allow for any creative actions, however it did not stop me from "creative thinking"! Yaah

I had this wild idea....let's just use this 36 x 48 piece of canvas that I've had for over 4 years and paint on it...in fact let's do a painting for my sister....so here is the process.

First, find a large piece of cardboard to tape the canvas to for a bit of support.

Next look through recent photos....yes, I found one from Butchart Gardens taken just a few weeks ago!

Then, set aside a block of time and go for it!!

First Step




I got it all ready to go, setup on the balcony, then the window cleaners arrived....then it started to rain!





Second Stage



But I persisted....just started painting and kept the momentum going....












It's starting to come together....













I was so pleased at the final outcome...I just had to name it "Beauty". It just goes to show you that once an idea gets hold of you...get it down fast and it looks and feels true to you!

Until next time...happy creating


No comments:

Post a Comment