Friday, February 26, 2016

Final Days

I am down to the final three days of painting in the 28 Day Challenge. I really feel that I've learned a lot by "practicing" every single day. Here are a few of my learned lessons:


  • Strathmore Watercolour paper is difficult to work with, next time I will use Arches
  • Working in "one" medium is a great way to focus and truly get to know the miracles of that medium
  • Working in a confined booklet and within a confined size was a great tool to keep the momentum going and have all the work in one place...when you look back you see areas of improvement or experiments that may or may not have worked, it's all exciting
  • Island Blue Printers will bind your pages at a reasonable cost
  • I wasn't too keen on the given prompts, mostly because I was sticking to watercolour only and some of the prompts were more for a variety of mediums (sketching, mixed media etc.) but on the other hand, I never had difficulty coming up with an idea of my own


Here are three more watercolours:

    

Until next time....happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment