Monday, October 19, 2015

Experimenting

I was very disappointed with the outcome of the mixed media, watercolour, "Just Breathe" of the last post. This was done on Fluid Watercolour Paper, cold press, 140 lb. The colours were very muted...the piece just had no impact for me.

I was playing around in my mixed media, Canson, 98 lb sketchbook and had a page all ready with gesso. So, after quirting the page with clean water; I used fresh, right out of the tube Rembrandt watercolours of turquoise blue and bright yellow and watched the colours run and merge together, keeping all the brightness of the colours. I was so excited and the result was what I was looking for. This was the first time I had ever used the Rembrandt brand...so I plan to work with them again very soon.

I'm still not crazy about my hand lettering/writing...but I intend to continue in order to find my "style" because I don't want to depend on my printer. As it turns out...my printer is now broken!

Until next time...happy creating
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment